Breese Stevens Field is now accepting applications for the 2017 campaign. As one of the most utilized athletic fields in Madison, Breese Stevens Athletic Field is also one of the city’s most historic pieces of land, being the oldest existent masonry grandstand in Wisconsin.
Breese Stevens is conveniently located just blocks from the Capitol, Madison’s newest concert venue has a lot to offer. Breese Stevens is ready to rock with some great concerts planned in 2017 and more on the horizon in the coming years. Many local sports teams including Edgewood College, East High School, and the Madison Radicals also call Breese home. We also host community style festivals such as a monthly outdoor market and a Friday fish fry with movie.
Big Top Baseball, the parent organization of Breese Stevens Field, is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2016. BTB annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Bullfrogs, Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Every summer the interns work directly with the management staff.
Currently 22 of Big Top Baseball’s 28 full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles, and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
All interns must receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement. All interns will receive a stipend of $1750 for this internship. There are educational and work components to this position. Some of the work components may include tasks such as hanging signs, preparing the stadium prior to the season, deliveries and other miscellaneous outdoor work.
The internship runs from April 1st to September 1st. Breese Stevens will have interns work directly with the management staff. Breese Stevens will begin holding interviews starting January 1, 2017 and will continue to do so until all positions are filled.
Besides day-to-day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the stadium prior to the start of the event season as well as participating in offsite catering events. Offsite catering events include managing part time staff, set up and tear down of the event and fulfilling any special requests made by the customer.
Internships are available in the following areas. Scroll down to read the full description for each position.
• Food and Beverage
• Human Resources
• Event Management
All interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate which position you are most interested in.
Food & Beverage Internship
Food & Beverage interns will oversee concessions areas, catering areas, and be involved in a range of Special Events throughout the season.
– Helping to assess and develop staff throughout the season
– Assisting with scheduling
– Minor Food & Labor Analysis
– Planning and preparing Special Events
– Managing employee and guest relationships
– Troubleshooting and recommending ways for the operation to improve
– Maintaining clean and sanitary concessions spaces
– Assisting with food and beverage orders and product receiving
– Conducting per event inventory
– Aiding in food production when applicable
– Ability to think on one’s feet and problem solve in fast paced environment
– Excellent communication skills
– Willingness to work outdoors rain or shine as well as in a kitchen environment
– Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
– Great attitude and infectious smile
Interns will learn how to plan for and operate a multi-unit facility, cost analysis involving operations, special event coordination and planning, scheduling, training and developing team members, menu development and cost controls, cash handling, culinary skill development for large scale execution, menu design, and various administrative duties with HR. Additionally, each intern is encouraged to participate in the expansion of his/her role to suit individual capacities and interests to ensure a mutually beneficial work environment and one that leaves each individual significantly closer to attaining her/his short and long term goals.
Human Resources Internship
Breese Stevens Field is seeking an individual to assist in the management of part-time staff for day-day events. This intern must be available to start April 1, 2017.
– Ensuring that all aspects of stadium operations are completed in a timely manner
– Processing all employment paperwork for part time staff
– Extensive data entry for the first half of the internship
– Ensuring compliance with state and federal labor laws
– Scheduling, managing, and staffing of part-time employees
– Preparing the stadium for daily events
– Fielding and following up on questions by part time staff regarding clocking in and out, wages, schedules, dress code etc.
– Fielding questions and explaining payroll to the guardians of staff members at times
– Ability to think on one’s feet and problem solve
– Excellent organization skills
– Ability to adapt on the fly in a fast-paced environment
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability and desire to interact with over 80 part time staff members
– Doesn’t mind working with computers with attention to detail
– Not averse to working outdoors
Event Management Internship
We are looking for an intern who is upbeat, customer focused and interested in working for Madison’s largest outdoor entertainment venue holding concerts, meetings, sports events, night markets and many more events!
- Work closely with the Director of Operations on planning, coordinating and management of each event
- Assist the Director of Operations executing all logistical items for reach event (Event timelines, coordinate all rental, and tear down, etc)
- Coordinate post event evaluations for all events
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness for all scheduled events
- Managing Breese Stevens Field event parking
- Strong organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Works well with others
- Creative and flexible
- Willingness to work outdoors rain or shine
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
Breese Stevens Field is seeking full-time marketing interns. The marketing interns will serve under the close supervision of the Director of Operations. These positions will work closely with the Director of Operations to ensure all sponsorship and advertising contracts are implemented and assist with all event day promotions.
- Assist in maintaining all social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter)
- Assist with implementation of sponsorship contracts (Signage, tickets, social media posts, mass email, website, etc.)
- Develop positive relationships with fans, clients and community members to help promote Breese Stevens Field
- Deliver marketing material in the Madison community
- Assist in creating and deploying marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Creative mindset with the ability to think quickly
- Excellent communication skills
• Upbeat and fun personality